Brought to you by 4Y!
Book - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone is written by British Author, J.K Rowling. It is the first book from Harry Potter, one of the most well-known book series ever.
Song - What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction
What makes you beautiful was One Direction’s very first single/hit. It got many awards, such as the Brit Award for Song of the Year in 2012, and it was on Billboard top 10 for thirteen consecutive weeks.
Movie - High School Musical (2006)
High School Musical is a Disney movie, directed by Kenny Ortega, starring Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. It was released in 2006, and was part of many of our childhoods. This week, you should go back and visit one of the most well-known and iconic childhood movies.
Percentages of luck for the signs in January
- Aries 90%
- Taurus 45%
- Gemini 40%
- Cancer 50%
- Leo 50%
- Virgo 75%
- Libra 25%
- Scorpio 45%
- Sagittarius 65%
- Capricorn 100%
- Aquarius 5%
- Pisces 100%
Hey all, we are 4Y and we are hosting a cook off, where we assign a recipe, and you cook it! Send us a picture of your fabulous dish to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday latest 4pm !
This week's recipe is crispy sweet and sour chicken. Get cooking!!
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoon ketchup
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Put the cornstarch in a shallow bowl. Put the eggs in a separate bowl. Place the oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Working in batches, dredge the chicken in the cornstarch, then dip in the egg. Add to the hot oil and brown on all sides. You do not need to cook the chicken through, just brown the outside to get a crispy exterior. Transfer the chicken to a 9×13-inch baking dish and continue with the remaining chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, ketchup, cider vinegar, soy sauce and garlic powder. Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Serve over prepared rice.
On the 12th of January, all of fourth year received a talk from “The Useless Project” a company working towards Ireland becoming more sustainable. We were given a talk via Zoom by Geraldine and Taz. We learnt all about fast fashion and how we can help by becoming more sustainable in what we wear. It was really interesting to hear about information we might not have known before about some of our favourite brands and clothing. The talk was so interesting and really changed our opinions on a lot of things. We learnt a lot about shops we should use, like Depop, Thrifty and local Irish brands. The whole year thoroughly enjoyed it and it was definitely an eye opening experience.